Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Scraps to Art

Whenever I use my Cricut for a project, I always save any extra pieces that I cut, or pieces that I may have cut at the wrong size, etc. They go in a little box. Then once in a while, I'll take out that box and see what I can make from the scraps. It's really fun!

At a recent retreat, I did just that when I was ready to make some Mother's Day cards. The mothers in my life are very different, so I like their cards to be unique in personality, as well. Try it! Just start poking through your scraps, and see what inspires you. All the Cricut pieces you see on the following 3 cards were cut with Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy cartridge, and came from my little treasure trove of scraps!


This card is for my mother-in-law.
She has a love for the outdoors, her flower beds and pots, and hiking.

No comments: