Saturday, September 1, 2012

Where's Your Mom?

My daughter, Marie, recently told me, "You know what I realized? I don't have a single picture of you in my apartment!" A friend had been over and been looking at the many framed pictures she had of family and friends, and then asked, "Where's your Mom?" Marie said she couldn't believe it when she looked around and realized I was missing!

This is one of the things that happens when we become the designated "picture taker" of the family. We often neglect to include ourselves in photos. So Marie told me she wanted to be sure to get a picture of the two of us, while we were together at a family cabin for the weekend.

So when we went on a walk with several family members, we made sure to bring the camera along. When Marie spotted a picturesque gate in front of the pear orchard, we stopped for an impromptu photo shoot. Now it won't be a "Where's Waldo?" type search for her mother anymore.

Many of us spend a lot of time recording our family's lives in photos. Remember to include yourself! It's a gift to your family.

No comments: