Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family Ties


My niece, Katie, is getting married in September. Today she gave me the special gift of time together, creating some special things for her wedding. She and my sister, Jackie, (pictured) came to my house and together we tackled two projects. One was to bundle dried wild grasses, tie them together with jute, and anchor them into flower pots. These will be some of the beautifully simple decorations out in the open at the Eastern Washington winery, where she will be married. Just picture my Katie, walking down to join her Jason . . . to the strains of "Fields of Gold."

The other project we had is what you see below. In lieu of a guest book, Katie is choosing to have a "Wish Tree." These stamped tags will hang on beautiful bare branches, and guests will be invited to sign their names on the back and write their own special wish for Katie and Jason. These tags will then be put in an album, where they can be enjoyed for years to come.

Thank you, Katie, for the gift of today. I love you!

No comments: