Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Art by Julie Reynolds
The hand image is folded over and glued to the back of the card. This card opens backward, so the hand forms a closure. Have you tried our embossing folders? They are a ton of fun for creating easy texture. Here I lightly sanded the Lagoon cardstock, after embossing.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Monday, April 20, 2015
Art by Maggie Cameron
Maggie was on a roll at a recent retreat, using the "Brushstrokes" stamp set. Here, it's a background study in shades of blue! Notice how the third stamp, which layers the "Congrats," is reversed from the other two? It draws your eye to the sentiment.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Monday, April 13, 2015
We are all born with the innate desire to express ourselves creatively!
Think about watching a child at play. Ordinary sticks transform into magical swords in the blink of an eye, the family cat becomes a wild tiger in the jungle, and household objects take on entirely new purposes.
This same vibrant creativity is still housed within each one of us, longing to be set free.
Why does creativity matter?Here are five ways that taking the time for creativity will make a difference in your life:
1. Increase HappinessScientific studies have shown that being creative actually increases your satisfaction and happiness in life. Every crafter intuitively knows this. Spending an afternoon in the craft room always feels great!
2. Find SolutionsCreativity helps you find solutions to your problems. When you feel stuck, step outside of your box and approach things in a new way. Engaging in this creative process makes new connections and brings answers to problems in unexpected ways. When you feel stuck deciding how to make your layout really stand out, try letting your creative genius out of the box so you can approach the situation from a fresh angle.
3. Make DiscoveriesBeing creative is the catalyst for new inventions and discoveries. Think of all the latest inventions you enjoy—every one of them is the end result of someone (or many people) going through the creative process. Even self-discovery is a creative process that will greatly enhance your life. Get creative with the colors on your next project and you may just discover your all-time favorite combination!
4. Leave a LegacyYour creative works of art will be a legacy for the next generation to cherish. Your passion and love for your life will flow from your artwork and into the heart of the viewer. What better way to say, “I love you!” than to exemplify an appreciation for life through beautiful memory keeping?
5. Have FunBest of all, the creative process is fun! Creativity allows your soul to express itself in exciting new ways, so get out your stash of paper and ink and get to work!
How do you nurture creativity?One way to ignite your creative spark is to participate in creative challenges. They inspire you to approach your crafting from a new angle, which presents the kind of environment that will get your creativity gears moving. It’s exciting to experiment with new color combinations, use embellishments in unexpected ways, or scrapbook with a new theme you haven’t tried before.
Close To My Heart currently offers the ideal opportunity for this through our super fun weekly creative challenge! You can get details on each week’s challenge by going to the Close To My Heart corporate Facebook and Instagram pages. Find out what the week’s challenge is, then see what you can come up with!
But don’t stop there. Creating is only half the fun! Once you finish creating your artwork, post a picture on your Instagram feed and/or the Close To My Heart corporate Facebook page using the hashtag #jrlcreativechallenge. This will not only allow you to share your art with fellow Consultants, but will also enter you into the contest for the chance to win a prize! But prize or no prize, it’s always a blast to see what everyone comes up with.
If you want more details about the creative challenge, read Jeanette’s original invitation.
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Friday, April 10, 2015
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
If you are a paper lover . . . enjoy this! Open your mind and let it tempt you into trying something new - or returning to something you haven't done in a while. I promise - you will see something that you'll love!
Monday, April 6, 2015
Here is this month's project for the Decor Frame. This frame is available in both Colonial White and Black, as shown. Each month, you are invited to come create my featured project (12 x 12) so you can change out your framed art on a regular basis. What a fun way to refresh your home decor! Each class is FREE with a $30 order placed that day, or just a $15 class fee. All materials are pre-cut for you. Use your own creativity to put it all together to suit you!
This class is typically the 2nd Friday of the month - we will meet this Friday, April 10, 10am at my house. Email me by 4/8 if you'd like to join the fun!
Sunday, April 5, 2015
Friday, April 3, 2015
I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE April's Stamp of the Month! There's just something about old typewriters . . . Stay tuned to this blog for artwork featuring this set, throughout the month. Make your wish list of items from our TWO current catalogs. When it comes to $50, you can add this terrific set for only $5!